Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Adi Can -- Ruby (Red) Tuesday -- Find a pretty place to sit


Adi and I went walking again today. Just like we did last Tuesday. Her late sickness (link) did age her some but she is still the same old nice, friendly, and loving beagle dog.

We have been inspecting the latest neighborhood being put here in our Bentwater, Montgomery, Texas, subdivision. It is the last golf course neighborhood and is located on our hole No.9. It is in a pretty setting; it looks over that fairway and on up to the club house.




If you are interested, 'if you want [one] come and get it because they're going fast, they will not last.' (Beatles) (Link to Bentwater Subdivision)

Seriously if any of you golfers are about ready to retire and your 401-K hasn't gone the way of General Motors, this will be a nice place to live. We can play golf on three courses all year long.

We have competition ready tennis courts, two swimming pools, a yacht basin, a fine exercise facility with trainers and exercise classes, and two club houses.

The people are fine here too. You can rub elbows with multi-millionaires (you might be one), professionals--working and retired, and educators--working and retired--like us who are at the lower end of Middle Class America.

If you do come, get in touch with us first and we will 'refer you.' There are niceties for both of us then and an entry in a drawing for a cruise.


Today they were working on the sewer service. The installation was just started last week, meaning that there were a lot of concrete sewer pipes dumped here and there and one bull dozier was working.

We did go visiting last week at the assisted living home in Conroe. She loved it and the residents loved her. In fact we stayed a half hour longer than our usual hour as a nurse had asked us to meet a friend of hers. We had a very nice visit, the lady was originally from Arkansas and moved here to be closer to her daughter.

After that long work day, Adi was ready for her treat and to go her home. She is already for visiting with the resident friends in a couple more weeks.
.
[For those who don't know Adi, she is a therapy dog. Adi and I are a registered pet therapy team, registered with the Delta Society. You and your dog might like to be like us or other much needed activities. Contact the Delta Society or me.]

Click the Ruby Tuesday button for Mary's Ruby Tuesday post list.
Mary is in charge there, you can see more or post your own from there.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Great to see Adi up and Around. She always know where to stop to capture that Ruby photo:-)
 
Dear Jim,
I am so happy seeing Adi up on her feet again.
I feel I kind of know her, though we have never met. Mild, polite, loving, good looking and generous must be her best qualities.
I'm sure she makes a wonderful therapeutic company wherever she comes.

I'm not into golfing or multi millionaires, but I can easily understand you are living a good and healthy retirement life in Texas.
A man like yourself will also find challenges wherever he comes.
Like working with Salvation Army or dog-therapy.

You also forget to mention that thee are some serious bridge playing going on in the area.

For those bitten by the b bug, that will be of importance.
Have a happy RT all of you.
From Felisol
 
That's a good girl.
 
ah but isn't the REAL question - will you walk away from a fool and his money? LOL!

Tink *~*~*
 
Mrs. Jim plays bridge four times a month, we both play 42 (dominoes) twice a month, Mrs. Jim plays Canasta a couple of times a month.
..
 
Hi Jim,
I see Adi found your red for Ruby Tuesday. Such a sweetie for a therapy dog - how lovely.
Dominoes - gosh Jim, I haven't played those in years. My Grandfather loved the game. My Dad didn't play often but he could always beat me.
 
Wow, Jim, I didn't know Adi is a therapy dog and you guys are a team! How absolutely wonderful and generous of both you and Adi. She's looking good and I'm glad she's better. Your place looks like a great place to live but unfortunately we don't play golf and I think I'd miss New York too much... But it looks lovely down there. :) Happy Ruby Tuesday!
 
Adi's tongue would make for an impressive RT post all on its own...

I don't know what to say about the development. Around here, real estate projects are continuing although at a much slower pace during a recession. There is an over-55 place being built, although at a slow pace...mostly bulldozing dirt. Maybe the developers realize that many over-55 buyers have to sell the homestead first, and nothing's sellin these days...
 
I'm so glad to see her looking happy, she seems to be smiling

I met a therapy dog and his person at the VFW - the dog was so calm and loving
you can literally feel your blood pressure return to normal and all your stress melt away when around him

animals are the best

hugs to Adi
 
She still does look friendly :)
She sure found some good spot with lovely red flowers around to sit :)
 
i am glad that my little niece is feeling better mr. jim and that she is busy visiting her elderly people.
it seems ages since i heard from you.
if it weren't that i didn't go to my felisols on the other side of the sea, i would rarely hear your cheerfull voice.
i understand though because sometimes it is so hard getting around to everyone...so hard...love terry
 
Hi Jim!! I'm so behind in my blog reading. I've just been catching up with you. I loved all your France pictures!! It looks like such a lovely place, and that you had a wonderful trip!

I hate hearing that Adi has been sick. I'm glad she is doing better now. She looks so pretty in her pictures. I love this one today and the one with the flag you posted before.

I don't think I can afford to move to where you live, but it sure is a lovely place and sounds like an excellent place to retire with so many nice amenities! I guess I'll stay in KY. :)
 
An Arkansan turned Texan. Sounds good to me since I love Texas! I love Arkansas too, also, as well.

Adi can do so many things. She's a fine doggie, and I hope she does not get sick again, at least for a very long time. Sweet old girl, she is.

Your neighborhood sounds marvelous. Very lovely I am sure.
 
Just thinking of Adi and the rest of Jim's bunch.
God's peace to all of you.
From Felisol
 
Jim ~ You have trained Adi WELL! ~ jb///
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?