Friday, April 26, 2019

Letter "Q" ~~ Weekend Roundup

The 17th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
- the Letter "Q" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with "Q"; (B) A Favorite; (C) Quarter; and (D) Reflection(s).

[coming through the hills and into Christ Church, NZ] 

[I will always think of this church as Christchurch. 
My grandmother was a Fletcher coming in to 
New England right after the Mayflower.  Here it
is the name of the reconstruction company]

[I call this Container Mall.  Every business here operates
from one or more containers and is likely permanent now.]

(A) Starts with "Q": Quake starts with "Q". Like Quake and shake the earth in an Earthquake.   These are some of the Christchurch, New Zealand, pictures we took. An Mw 6.2 earthquake occurred in Christchurch on 22 February 2011 (Wikipedia). In 2012-3 we visited by taking a Princess Cruise from Auckland New Zealand and around, then up to Tasmania, Australia and ended up in Sydney where we spent a few days.  Quite nice Holiday for retired people.
 
 
(B) A Favorite: This is Mrs. JimShe and KP were playing hide the Easter Eggs and it was Mrs. Jim's turn to find them.  But in walking around the edge of the hot tub and trying to dodge the Hibiscus plant she fell in.  They finished the hunt by picking up from the water all the plastic eggs that had fallen in there in the pool.


(C) Quarter: I have a stash of Quarters in one of the cup holders of my Mustang, the black one, pictured here. 


(D) Reflection(s).  Taken from across the table, back to the pool, facing the house.  I had my camera ready this time for our little Sunday afternoon pool party.  Karen's three and we attended.  You can also see a nice reflection in the hot tub water above. 

They brought most of the food, highlight and main entry was a wonderful Goat Cheese salad with broiled Artichoke hearts and Grilled Sausage LinksYummy.  We ended with the Cantaloupe with a pass-around Cocktail inside the skin.  SIL cooked the artichoke and sausage. (Sorry, no food pictures.)

The fine print:
 
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews) - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, https://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.
- Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved - Click on most any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.

 

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
...Jim. I've lived a sheltered 'Q'uiet life, no 'Q'uakes for me! May I suggest pruning the hibiscus back. I had a Nissan truck that had a neat coin holder for my 'Q'uarters. Thanks Jim for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.
 
NO Quakes in Northern Ireland thank goodness. I could not get the link to work for the Goats cheese salad. Thought that sounded QUITE nice and was going to try it. Good reflections Jim I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
 
Falling into the pool would be my favorite too. Never missed a beat either.

Have a fabulous weekend, Jim and Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
I have felt a couple of very minor quakes. Glad they were not worse. Love that convertible!
 
The topography of NZ looks as if many a 'quake has occurred over the millennia - and it offers a rugged beauty! Love your 'Stang, I really like all the Fox body Mustangs...
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?