Friday, March 19, 2021

  Letter "L" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections

THE TWELTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "L" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "L"; (B) "Lovely" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe.  
 _ _ _ _ 


(A) Starts with the Letter "L":   My "L" Word for this week will be "Little".  I saw this Little Bird, a white breasted fellow, flying and walking across our backyard and landing on our border fence.  When walking it looked young, stood like a pigeon but larger, and yet seemingly seemed young.


(B) "Lovely" (Tom's Choice);   This Lovely Little Bear was Adi's,  our Beagle dog.  It was new, $5.99, from Walmart and she would be having it as soon as her older one developed a stuffing leak.  

[large picture] [extra large]

. . . my sister, Lois (link), is happy. Seems there is always a little job that somehow just waits for her. (From an earlier blog post  here)

Adi died before she ever got her new toy.  But I can't bear to give it away.  My sister had sewed the one she was still using back together. 


(C) A Favorite:  I've had my Snoopy doll for over 40 years,  Macy's in Omaha, Nebraska, had a special on him.  I think I came to town for Sears but then I stopped at Macy's and saw the Snoopy toy.  He's been a Lovely toy friend for me.  I do remember that it had snowed which made driving hard for me.
  

(D) Reflections:   A pretty scene ruined by Reflections from whatever showing in the bus window.  We were in Martinique.



(E) A Lagniappe:   Leroy of The Lockhorns used to be Mrs. Jim's and my favorite cartoon.  But when the Houston Post was bought out the Houston Chronicle did not pick them up. 
_ _ _ _ 

Bonus Questions: 
 
(1)  Tell about any changes in the wildlife near you that you might attribute to our unusually cold this February  There are s lot fewer rabbits now in our neighborhood.  Also a lot less turtles under the bridge where usuale walk.  Also down there all  the Herons and cranes are gone but We did see one large mamma duck and one her young ones.  I would like to think that their instinct told then to relocate or fine shelter.  

(2) What is your favorite Word starting with "L"?  Mine today will be  "Love", because,  unlike the old using saying  "that's one there's plenty of", there really isn't now, these days have too much hatred  and "ultra" (extreme) now.

(3) Anything else you were reminded of here that you  would like to tell about? 

My going blogs:

Jim's Little Blog, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/

Jim's Little Photo and Picture Place, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/

Jim's little Christmas tree farm,  http://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/, and  

Ask Dr. Jim (blog), http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/ (seldom newly posted)

 _ _ _ _ 

 Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
..

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Yes scene in your reflection image is lovely. LOVE would be my word also. Good to spread that around friends, family and stranglers. Yes I am doing better now health wise this week and have manged a few walks on sunny calm days taking my camera and usuall taking about 20 photographs hence having enough for many posts. I have 3 appointments at the hospital this week so they have not got to the bottom of things yet!! My older brother died this week so the funeral is Tuesday. very sad as I was very close to him. I hope you have a peaceful weekend Jim.
 
...your LITTLE bird looks a small hawk, but then I'm not an ornithologist.
...stuffy LEAKS can be so sad.
...Sears is a hasbeen and Macy's is close on it heals.
...poor Leroy!
Thanks Jim for stopping by, take care.

 
Nice reflection photo! Crows aren't little but I saw three yesterday that looked little compared to the hawk they were chasing away.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?