Friday, May 27, 2022

Letter "U" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 08 / Reflections and-or Street Captures

NOTE:  google has taken over my blog and I cannot post on blogger blogs except as 'anonymous' and sometimes that also.  Today I cannot post comments on Tom's or Margaret's blogs.
"I liked this, Tom, especially the Holstein.  But I have my problem, can only post on Blogger writings if they allow "Anonymous Comments".  Google has taken over my blog, says I'm signed in and returns to the blog I just read with no Results.
NOTE:  I loved Margaret's Rainbow but can't tell her, can't post on her blog.  Also liked Jackie's Unicorn Cones but couldn't tell her.
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2022/05/letter-u-fridays-weekend-roundup-08.html 
..

This Week's Prompts: 
     Starts with "U"; A Favorite; Tom's choice, "Under";     and Reflections and/or Street Captures
 _ _ _ 


Starts with "U": "Units" starts with "U", as in "Units of measure."  This scale shows Units of weight measured in ounces and in grams.  Sort of a plastic antique, the scale was made before digital weight scales were invented. 

Here I was weighing one of the stacks of four in my 16-ounce box of soda crackers.  It showed four ounces plus a smidgen that would have been for the wax paper wrapper. The scale was sitting on a newspaper. 


A Favorite:  "Un" isn't a word, it's a prefix.  Put that Un in front of an adjective or an adverb and it make the word meaning "not" or seemingly "not" the original word. 

So, I'm saying that it is Unbelievable that the movie robot, E.T, is now age forty (40)!  Parade Magazine has been keeping track.



Tom's choice
, "Under":  Car here is Under Repair.  
There isn't anything wrong with my '98 Ford Mustang GT Convertible but I needed a car for this picture.

The week before there was a big problem in the that NEW battery installed by our local Ford Garage and dealer, Auto Nation of Katy, Texas.  The battery went dead and would not recharge the next day after I drove it.

I didn't like this battery the minute I popped the hood to "see" what was wrong.  The battery didn't fit the battery holder and was sitting cock-eyed on the not useable battery holder box.  

It hadn't been driven since May of 2020.

My youngest song bought me a new battery for an Auto Parts place and we put it in.  It held a charge and the next day I drove it to get it state safety inspected.  The next Monday I drove it to the courthouse annex and renewed the license.  

NOW it drives like a charm with it's 113K miles.  It has always been garaged since I bought it as a retirement present to me, in 2001 with 49K miles.  Next year it will be 25 years old and be classified as 'Antique' or 'Classic', my choice according to how much use I put it into.

     [click on the photo to view see a larger size picture]

Reflections and/or Street Captures
:  I was taking a picture of our hibiscus's and noticed that I had included one of the windows with a small reflection of the backyard.  So I took this one showing more of the backyard.

Lagniappe: The Countries I've visited that start with the Letter "U".  (I've been to at least 76 countries):   

     Where                         First Times  

    Ukraine                     2013 on the Black Sea part of a cruise 

    United Kingdom, The  1980 but many times since (our Daughter worked and lived in London five years.  Her family also came.

    United States             We have visited all 50 states

    Uruguay                    2015 on a South American cruise

 - Click Here for all countries I've visited

 - Click Here for all countries of the world.
_ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ 

        The Fine print stuff:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
- - - -
..

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
...to put it mildly Blogger has become at pain!
...back in the '60s when I was in junior college, they started a program know as measurement science, there were good job opportunities then.
...I never saw the movie.
...Yesterday when we putted up my wife car at the repair shop there was Mustang GT convertible parked out front.
Let's hope that Blogger gets its act together!!!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?