Friday, June 24, 2022

Letter "Y" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 08 / Reflections and-or Street Captures

[Reflections on my dresser top]

This Week's Prompts: Starts with "Y"; A Favorite; and Tom's choice,"Yellow".   
_ _ _ _ 

Starts with "Y":  Yodel starts with "Y".  My Uncle Howard used to Yodel out in the corn fields whenever it was just him and me hoeing weeds from the corn.  I have never heard him Yodel when others are around, but he was quite good and needn't have been ashamed.
[Photo is from the early 1940's; from the left, Aunt Faye, Uncle Howard, Cousin Jack, and Cousin John.  Only Jack, the youngest of these, is still living.]
I lifted this photo from an earlier post, in on December16, 2005, and updated on June 11, 2010 (link).


A Favorite:  The Bactine had to Yield to the smaller White Bottle.   

Question:  What do these four items have in common?  

Answer:  They are four of my favorite 'hair care' stuff for this summer.  I went to a different dermatologist a few weeks ago and he put me on Clobetasol Propionate to combat my itching sores on my scalp.  I had been using the Bactine spray against the itching.


Tom's choice,"Yellow".  "Yellow Cab".  I'm not sure this a Yellow Cab taxi as the Yellow Cabs that I have seen are all Yellow, no black.   Not two-door models either.  It seems to have been repainted, maybe not even a taxi before.  My sister gave it to me, with an outlandish price tag attached.   It could even be a fake.

THANK YOU AGAIN, SISTER LOIS, it is one of my favorite toys.  Although this toy taxi is Tootsie Toy sized, it makes me think of the cast iron scale 1:18 scale model Yellow Cab I once had as a young boy. 


Reflections:  The toy cars and trucks have invited Snoopy to race with them today.  This is my dresser top, it is over 100 years old.  The top is Reflecting the cars and the ceiling fan Reflection just happened as showing in the mirror.  
_ _ _ 

The Fine print stuff:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
- - - -
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
This post made me remember things from the past. Bactine reminded me of my childhood and Aquanet reminded me of my teens. I've traced an ancestor that came to America from Switzerland in the 1700s. I wonder if he yodeled on his farm? Fox and Gesse sounds fun but I've never played it. Thanks for the post and the comment!
 
...so did your uncle teach you how to YODEL?
...I use Head and Shoulders on the little hair that I have.
...I like your YELLOW Cab.
Take care Jim and enjoy your weekend.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?