For the week of July 29th Friday's Hunt:
1. Starts with E
2. Week's Favorite
1. Starts with "E": English Gardens
I like to visit English gardens, most are kept so pretty.
The first I caught during our bus ride from Dover where our cruise ship landed to London to spend a few days there. I do not know what this garden is for or what it may be a part of. Note the black striped airplane beside the building.
My set below are some more pictures of Regents Park, London,
Now some June pictures of our English friend's garden.
They live north of London at Towcester (link), Northamptonshire, U.K.
This vegetable garden was not in England, but in the U.K, at Harwell, Scotland.
It was located adjacent to a church there, I don't know who owned it.
2. Week's Favorite: Mrs. Jim has found a toy Volkswagen Transporter that she liked. The Peppa Pig (previous blog link) creatures didn't seem to mind her riding with them.
It has to be my favorite because it is a Mrs. Jim Picture.
3. Bounce: My title, "Hang on, we'll bounce when we land".
When I found this picture at the Cracker Barrel in Baton Rouge last weekend (now you know why I'm so slow in answering your comments last week--it may happen again this weekend?) I had thought that the title would come out. Wrong.
4. A food picture: (due to popular demand)
"Breakfast on the Ship"
Believe it or not, I don't gain much weight, if any, on our cruises. One of the reasons is that I try to really enjoy my breakfast and make it large. The omelet is two egg, sometimes I have it one egg, with sausage, bacon, mushrooms, onions, spinach (a double helping)--for color, and white and yellow cheddar cheese.
Continuing clockwise is my canned fruit selection, two different types of link sausage, corn beef hash (almost as good as what the Army cooks made), a pile of ketchup, what's left of a hash brown potato patty, a lemon filled pastry, and a small pancake. Some days I also have a piece or two of raw pineapple or cantaloupe, watermelon, or all.
The cruise ship, Pacific Princess (link), is the Princess line's small ship with a capacity of only 680 passengers. It will go where other larger ships can't, we rode with it into the Black Sea in August, 2013. This cruise left from NYC, then we visited Halifax, three stops in Iceland, and two in northern Scotland before we finished at Dover, England. That was followed by a bus ride into London where we stayed a couple of day.
_ _ _ _ _
The Fine Print:
- Teresa of Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm, so you have plenty of time to enter.
Labels: Food-breakfast, Friday’s Hunt # 02 - 2016, Friends, Jim Does, London, NYC to Dover Cruise, Travel 6