Saturday, June 17, 2017

~~ Friday’s Hunt v.3.24 -- "X" is for ...

Friday's hunt for the week of June 16th:  (1) Starts with X; (2) Week’s Favorite; and (3) Insect

(1) Starts with X:  X's are hard to find. I did do some Flash writing on my other blog, my main character was named 'Xentor".  I actually quit before I hardly started, here are some of those, click.  This opportunity was available only on certain of Jenny's Saturday Centus days.  100 word posts with certain other restrictions were . (Saturday Centus posts)  About a year ago Jenny became ill and has almost stopped blogging.

KP was one of those descendants absent.  She was in San Antonio with a prior reservation.
The family picture was taken by a wait staff at the restaurant.  She wasn't the best photographer.

(2) Week’s Favorite:  Did you note that this "Friday Hunt" was done on Saturday?  Well last night we had a Father's Day dinner at my favorite gathering restaurant on 11th Street in the Heights of Houston. Berryhill's Mexican Restaurant.  

Mrs. Jim and I shared chicken 'fajitas for one.'  Sorry no picture. Berryhill's is famed for its fish tacos. My say, "they are good but too messy."  To work around that I order them "dry" with the fish sauce on the side. That works.  And I can be judicious with the sauce's application. 

Sixteen of our twenty-four were present. I noted that the fifteen of them that were here, all were my descendants, spouses of one, or steadily following one.

The nine others were accounted for; four were here in Texas having other commitments, two are in California/Arizona, two in Alaska, and one in Washington, D.C.


Some more pictures: Our oldest granddaughter's due date is less than a couple of weeks away.  She will add one more girl to our two girl "Greats" list. One boy, JP (link).

(3) Insect:  June Bug. The little brown beetle who flies the night away, looking for a light. When, and if, it finds the light it spends the rest of the night worshipping that light. And then before daylight our June Bug dies. 


A sample, here are two of my "June Bugs not" pictured Bugs

Several years back I blogged a feature, "June Bug of the Week." I didn't exactly give it that name. I had a running joke with Rachel that what she called a June Bug was actually not a June Bug as June Bugs are supposed to be brown. You will notice that NONE of these is a real June Bug. (The June Bug Collection)   

At right is one of my "Xentor" favorites.  A few others may be seen here. 

.
.
.
_ _ _ _ 

The Fine Print: - Teresa of Eden Hills, (click)is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Friday Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm."
________other_Friday_Hunt_posts_______
.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Your dinner sounds mighty good. I've never had a fish taco. I'm going to have to fix that at some point. I do like tacos.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
 
We have so many June bugs here at this time of year. I hear them bouncing off the screen if I have the window open in the evening. I find them in the morning sometimes, under the porch light. Crazy bugs! Looks like a great family get-together for Father's Day. I don't have 16 family members. Just me, my parents, and 3 first cousins, but they are in England. So, it would be a very small family gathering!
 
If I understand well, you will be great grandpa soon ! My son had his son very late so I am a grandma of a 6 year old, lol !
 
...Jim, an "X"tra large clan you have! Now don't those June Bugs look grand.
 
I do miss Jenny. I wish she would at least give us an update on how she is doing. Glad to see your family celebrated Father's Day with the entire family. That's nice. We have had a lot of real June bugs this year. They are everywhere! Thanks for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great rest of the week!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?