Friday, January 19, 2018

Weekend Roundup -- 03-18 (for letter "C")


Weekend Roundup
Starts with "C"  ~~   Week's Favorite  ~~  Clouds 
 
Starts with "C": Cell phone -- on health Care (starts with "C")
"Note from Lucy: As some of you know, I go to a natural health care doctor. He tested me, while holding my cell phone, and suggested that I wear a magnetic bracelet on my wrist while using the cell phone. Ever since then, I wear two little magnetic bracelets when I am using my cell phone or am using my ham radio, since they emit radio waves. I think I would rather be safe than sorry. TF used a hands free unit while driving. So far I haven't been able to get him to wear the magnetic bracelets.....it just isn't "manly"...."
from a Blog entry from my blogging friend, Lucy Stern, now inactive, on Cell Phone Safety,
http://lucysfrugalliving.blogspot.com/2008/11/is-your-cell-phone-safe.html

This was about my fifth .  My first Cell Phone was a Sprint, it's in a drawer someplace.  Then I killed a bunch, washed one in my pocket with my clothes, dropped one, and another lost it's display (then became useful only to answer calls with).

This one, about my 5th,  I dunked in my coffee cup.  What was a cup of coffee doing in the cup holder where I generally keep the phone?  I replaced it with a Dollar Store phone, $9.95.  It had no camera. 

Now I use a Galaxy 5 hand-me-down data phone from my son.  I love it. I get e-mail, check my blogs, Google, check the weather, and a few other things with it.  Picture is from my-six-words-miss-her-lot-my-cell-phone .  That phone was very old, I inherited it.

2. Week's Favorite:  A dozen frozen Runzas we had forgotten about.  We picked them up in Blair, Nebraska (north of Omaha about 30 miles).  You can only find them in Nebraska and a few other surrounding states.  They are my favorite "sandwich". Runza mentioned postshttp://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=runza



 
According to the restaurant menu, "Runza® Sandwiches are made by hand and baked fresh, everyday. A Runza® Sandwich is a delicious blend of fresh ground beef, onions and special spices all baked inside homemade bread."  Mrs. Jim has a recipe Mom gave her for these from the Omaha World Herald, it uses some cooked cabbage.  Source, my January 24, 2006 Jim's Little Blog posting.
.
3. Clouds: Below, Left is the typical Texas rain Cloud. Note it had already rained from another cloud. It was long before we had a downpour from this one.

At the Right is what I call a Wafting Orphan Cloud. I believe it is a Pleasure Cloud, just floating along, basking in the sun with now problems whatsoever.
 
 
 



4.1. Lagniappe: Citroën Car Logo (starts with "C")
found at http://www.car-logos.net/

4.2. Lagniappe: A Citroën Car that Mrs. Jim would like.




"Mrs. Jim really likes these Citroën 2cv cars. She likes blue ones too and would drive one around here if I would get her one."  [This one was parked on the street in France, near where we stayed, a short walk to the Eifel Tower.]
.
"I do have a blue Citroën in much better shape than this one. I am saving it in case I want to do mischief with it. Have to plan my escape route carefully, their top speed is 40 mph. Mine is a 1:18 scale diecast from Solido (
link for a grey one,  [mine is blue, same mold, same manufacturer]). I bought it in France back in 1992." Excerpted from my July 29, 2009 post -- Take a peek, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2009/07/french-like-blue-midweek-blues-blue.html

_ _ _ _ _ _
 
The fine print:
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link )

 - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
 
 - Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized.  Click on your "Back" button to get back here

.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I want one of those sandwiches. I've never heard of them before, but they sound mighty good.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. ☺
 
...wow Jim, what an educational post, the things that I learn. My cell phone is one of those bullet-proof flip phones, it may have a camera, but have never used it. Runzas, now that's a new culinary delight for me. Now tell me, are Texas rain clouds different from regular run of the mill rain clouds? Oh no, your poor wife wants a Citroën, really? Why? I just read yesterday that they are going import an electric model to the US. Good luck my friend.
 
Go on Jim, do the decent thinh and buy her the car. I am sure she is worth it in your eyes. Life is too short not to have our dreams met. Loved this informative post. That loks like big cruise ship at dock. Have a lovely weekend.
 
They about the same except for being bigger and darker. Like all of Texas.
 
I would but Mrs. Jim has equal control of the purse strings in hobby car spending. We have one and sold the other, 1950 Ford Tudor.
 
WEll...I learned a lot of new things here today. I enjoyed your "C" roundup! Those Runzas are interesting.
Visiting from the C link up at Tom's!
 
I also like the 2cv (deux chevaux) Citroen. Such a cute car! I have never eaten a Runza - thank you for educating me about them! Fox and Goose is played up here, although I don't think I actually played it when I was a kid. Usually busy reading a book somewhere instead!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?