Friday, June 15, 2018

Weekend Roundup -- 24-18 (for letter "X")

The 24th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
The week's prompts:
(1) Starts with "X"; (2) A Favorite; and (3) My Choice 
 _ _ _ _ _
(1) Starts with "X": "X-MAS", short for "Christmas"  Here I have an couple of X-MAS Pickup Trucks.  One is cute, a decorative X-MAS toy, and the other is a real, Red 1952 or 1953 Ford hauling X-MAS Greenery.
 
 



(2) A Favorite: 
 
This is a lawn mower guy taking a lunch break at our local MacDonald's. 
 
[click picture to enlarge] 







(3.a) My Choice: These girls are posted on my other normally active blog, Jim's Little Photo & Poem Place for yesterday and today.  The girl on our right is my youngest granddaughter, KP.

(poem link)


 (3.b) My Choice: A golfer is proud to be able to score his age or less in a round of golf.
 I won't ever be able to do that but already I can drive my age.  Or more. You've heard of old folk who get their keys taken away by some busy body relatives.  I hope this never happens to me.  My dad had a cousin who drove into her 100's.  So there is hope for me.  Dad lived to be 97.

This was a loner car that we took to Tennessee this summer, ours was in the shop.  It was a Cadillac SUV with just 572 miles.  When we brought it back it had almost 2000. There we visited Mrs. Jim's Brother and SIL for about a week (link). 
  _ _ _ _ _ _

       
The end, that's all for tonight.
The fine print: -  I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (
Link to Weekend Review)
 - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
 - Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.
 

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
..."X" is a tough one Jim, but you pulled it off! Please tell me that yoou weren't driving 79 and took that shot. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week.
 
A great collection of photos. My husband would love to golf his age!!! Low 70s.
 
Love the Xmas Jolly Green Pickup truck. Grandchildren are the absolute best! You ask if my husband had a printer. D.C. doesn't have a printer, but he was a Pressman printer at the time he injured his hand, one of the huge printing presses for printing magazines.
 
cool post , how's the knee?
 
What a fun post. Some letters are tougher than others and X is one of them.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ☺
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?