Friday, November 16, 2018

Weekend Roundup -- 20-18(b) (for letter "T") -- Reflections too

The 45th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year..
The week's prompts:
(1) Starts with "T"; (2) A Favorite; (3) Tall; and (4) Reflections

 
(2) A Favorite: KP's School honored Veteran relatives, Grandfather here, for a Veterans Day celebration.  We had breakfast in the library, there the fifth grade choir sang to us.  Then we <strike>marched</strike> moved to the stage in the auditorium for another program of the different classes singing the military branch songs, one branch per class. 
 
The morning was finalized by a parade of the students and their guests marching through the halls with the teachers and kids lining the sides.  Got lots of Hi-Fives and thumbs up.  This picture was taken after the parade.  Her school, of grades K-5, has over 1,000 students.  The "S" badge is my admittance and permission pass.


Cousins from Nebraska standing by Sam Houston (2006)

http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2006/08/everything-is-bigger-in-texas.html 
.
(1) Starts with "T":  Texas starts with "T". The statue of Sam Houston (our president while Texas was a Republic) is alongside Interstate 45, coming into Houston from Huntsville, Texas. It stands 77 feet tall. The 67-ft. tall (plus 10-ft. base) statue is named "A Tribute to Courage."

You can read all about this large Sam Houston monument at RoadsideAmerica.com.  Jack and Linda were amazed. Long before they were leaving Texas, they too were saying, "everything is bigger in Texas."


(3) TallTall women scare me.  Especially when we are alone in an elevator.  I generally get off as soon as I can.
 - I posted of my fear with a couple of poems:
https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-real-poem-truths-where-i-dont-often-go.html#comment-form ; and
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2018/06/a-took-chance-poem-for-thursday.html
 - Either of these links will tell you about this lady, she is the Tallest woman in Texas, perhaps in the United States or the Whole World.

(4) Reflections:  a Driving Picture I took on the way to the polls.  [click picture for larger view] This shows a pasture outside Fulshear, Texas [link] where we voted.
_ _ _ _

The fine print:
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews) - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.
- Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I am laughing at you being afraid of tall women. I wonder why? Nice reflection image. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
 
I didn't know you were afraid of tall women. I learn something new every single day.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. 😎
 
...Jim, a special day for a special granddad! I never knew that Sam was such a giant. 67 feet tall, he must have had to duck going through doorways. You need elevator shoes if tall women scare you. Thanks for stopping by. I will be looking forward to seeing your Urubru!
 
Yikes, how often do you end up in elevators with tall women. Hope not often! Hope your weekend is free of elevators and tall women. That's a tall Texas woman for sure.
 
A really nice pic of you and your granddaughter on Veteran's Day, thank you for your service, Jim! Don't be afraid of tall women, Jim...she's just another person that was blessed with being taller than most of us :) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Dawn
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?