Thursday, December 10, 2020

The Letter "X" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The fiftieth issue this week of my WEEKEND ROUNDUP postings and ... 
(THE TWETY-FOURTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - 
 - the Letter "X" Prompts are:  (A) A word with an "X"; (B)  A Favorite; (C) Reflections; (D) A Lagniappe; and (E)  A link to click to see my 2020 Christmas Trees.
 _ _ _ _ 


(A)   
A word with an "X":  Box contains an "X".   These Christmas wrapped Boxes have presents for kids in them. 

On the right is our 2020 Christmas tree lighted.  Only lights and Red Balls for this year.  [click on it to see it large sized]

  
(B)   A FavoriteBox Car Art.  These two pictures are what I call "Box Car Art" although to some it is just plain (malicious??) graffiti.  I noticed them as the train passed at the crossing where I was waiting to cross.  I was very pleased with my stop. 
[You can click on the pictures for a larger view, 
your Back button will return you here]

As an aside, why don't you be on the lookout
for some Box Car Art and share it here.
 
I shared these pictures before here on  January 5, 2016, and on my other blog with a little poem which surmised the attributes of a possible artist who did the painting.  Link 

[This picture is really pretty a larger still size. ] 
[Click on it to see the pretty paths on the other size.]

(C)   Reflections :  It rained a few days ago and this was the next day after the rain.  Two picnic table areas in the kids play ground weren't drained well causing a big puddle for my Reflection picture.  The swing area was just fine.  



(D)   A Lagniappe:  Late for the "W's" is our handy Red Wagon, a "radio Flyer" that we've had for more than 40 years.  I also still have my snow sled, 80 years for it.  

(E)  You are welcome to visit my Seasonal Posts on "jim's little Christmas tree farm" blog.  https://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/
 _ _ _ _  

Bonus Questions:

(1)  How are you  planning to spend "Christmas Day?"   Mrs. Jim and I may visit our daughter, granddaughter, and SIL if they stay home for Christmas.  If they don't then we may plan a quick trip to Baton Rouge as Mrs. Jim's 100-year-old cousin is having a really tough time health-wise.

(2) What is your favorite Word with an  "X"?  Mine today will be "Fox."  One day I came home and Mrs. Jim told me how proud of our Adi Beagle Dog.  She was chasing a Fox and they were headed out on to the golf course.  Mrs. Jim hollered , "Adi, Stop!" and Adi stopped chasing the Fox.  

(3) Anything else here you would like to tell about?

 _ _ _ _ 

 Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
(1) How are you planning to spend "Christmas Day?" Like any other day. We don't celebrate, decorate of plan a special meal anymore.

(2) What is your favorite Word with an "X"? Xylophone. That's my word. Used to play it in my youth.

Have a fabulous day, Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
I am leaving tomorrow to fly to the UK my SIL is picking me up and then taking me to the Isle of Wight to spend 2 weeks with them over Christmas adn my word is EXCITING. Love your Christmas tree. I hope you and your wife have a lovely Christmas wherever you end up spending it and stay safe, that is the important thing this year.
 
...Jim bo"X"is a GREAT choice, there will be many Christmas bo"x"es and I love graffiti on bo"x"cars! I'd love to have a radio flyer! Thanks Jim for coming to the party. Take care and enjoy the Christmas season.
 
Following our government's guidelines we will spend Christmas at home, just the two of us. We did have plans to see family but we all agree it is better not to visit. I don't feel badly about it, I have stocked up on lots of treats for us. I enjoy cooking. Most people I know will be doing the same thing. Our cases are rising too quickly.
I see lots of box car art when we travel but not here on the trains I see out my window.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?