Friday, May 28, 2021

Letter "V" -- Weekend Roundup and Street/Reflections

THE TWENTY-SECOND LETTER FOR THIS SERIES

Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "V"; (B) "Verdant" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D)  Street/Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe. 

  _ _ _ _  


(A)
Starts with the Letter "V
":   Valley  starts with the letter "V".  This pretty Green (Verdant??) Valley seen at the edge of the North/South highway in South Africa, northwest from Cape Town.  


(B) "Verdant" (Tom's Choice) The Verdant patch of the Verdant Green Peas makes quite a fresh contrast with the rest of my breakfast plate, grits and eggs and green peas.  

Do you put a big glob of butter left to melt in the middle of the Grits?  And do you salt and pepper your scrambled eggs?  I do, the grits too.  Also I put catsup on them but not for this day. 

Is it Vary vs very? Learn the difference between the homophones Vary vs very, their usage, & easy examples. ✓ Visit Grammarist today! "
(C) A FavoriteVery/Vary.  I Verge on overuse of the word "Very".  https://grammarist.com/homophones/vary-vs-very/


(D) Street/Reflections:   
 - What are they doing?
 - What is going on here?
 - Give up or check your answer(s)?  Click here



(E.1) A Lagniappe:  Our church had a Saturday afternoon, May 15, "Crawfish and Car Show".  We had 175 cars, I didn't bring my mother's "Grandma's Green Mustang II" to show. (See it here)

This car is a Model A Ford, I think either a 1929 or 1930.  Our Tom may be able to differentiate. 

(E.2) A Lagniappe:  I had planned to post a picture of our first Vinca bloom of the year.  It was a
 pretty white.

Originally a lot from the fall would last us through winter but our hard freeze Texas killed them all.  These come up as volunteer plants, a red one would be next.
 _ _ _ _ 

Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law 
.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
The car boot shot is funny! ha!
 
Nice pictures except for the peas and eggs. I've never liked peas and somehow the thought of them with eggs seems even worse. However they are good for you. :-)
 
Love the Model Ford Jim and the street photo is interesting. I did not guess what it was but god you added the link to the whole photo. Have a great weekend
 
Hate grits!
 
Beautiful valley picture and use of the word, verdant! I love peas, like eggs (with ketchup) and really dislike grits! I will not eat them. Definitely extra butter on peas, I almost never use salt on anything, except for corn on the cob, but I do like a little pepper on most food. I love garlic, too! Have a great Memorial Day weekend, Jim. Our weather, here in New Hampshire, is pretty much rain all weekend. That's New England!
Dawn
 
...a VALLEY, a VERDANT VALLEY I hadn't thought of. I look peas and I have them growing in my garden.
...VARY and VERY, oh English is a wonderful language. VERY is a good filler V word!
Thanks Jim for joining the party.


 
good morning, hope ya both are having and have had a good weekend.
I love jasmine rice, with butter salt sugar with cinnamon.
 
The valley shot is spectacular. And I really love the Model A - what a great looking car.
 
thanks for stopping in , I'm sorry she never got to know him.
I got to go for more test next week.
 
Love the photo of the valley in South Africa Just to be sure You are american isn't it Love the car We have a lot of old timers cars here in NZ Not in Holland as cars rust easily as in winter they put salt on the snowy roads
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?