Friday, July 30, 2021

Letter "E" -- -- Weekend Roundup and Street/Reflections

THE FIFTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES - The Letter "E" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "E"; (B) "Evening" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Street/Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe. 

 - - - -


(A) Starts with the Letter "E":   My Elephant shot (one of them) taken on our South African desert safari, January 8, 2020.


(B) "Evening" (Tom's Choice):  My Evening Meal, Egg Biscuit with sausage and cheese.  I cooked the egg in the microwave, baked a biscuit out of a can, and added a slice of American cheese.  

My cardiac dietitian said I could Eat anything that I wanted in moderation.  I have three stents in my left descending arteries, the only heart arteries I have as the right side of my heart did not develop.  I also have a stent in my left kidney artery and a stent graft in my abdominal artery aneurysm. 

(C) A Favorite:  Birthday card showing Envious spots of getting old. 

(D) Street/(Reflections):  I had thought that this could be an Egret but I found out it is a Black- bellied Whistling duck.  I think it is looking for it's Reflection but the water is pretty rough from the fountain for one to be down there.


(E.1) A Lagniappe:  Show of the plank in ones. Eye versus the speck in anothers eye.   (Jesus' words on criticism, Matthew 7:3-5:  Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.) https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/19493062/8934898026342190265#



(E.2)
A Lagniappe:  SkyEye view of the Galveston Bay nearing the Houston Ship Channel. The city of Houston is in the background, various pleasant towns are between.

We live out west off Interstate Highway I-10 about 60 or 65 miles from this part of the bay.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Ship_Channel

  

(E.3) A LagniappeEye CandyMy favorite Jelly Bean candy is the Red Hot Cinnamon ones.   

(E.4) A Lagniappe:  End of the Rainbow. It sits down tonight, this Evening, in our neighbor's front yard.

 - - - - -  

Fine print stuff: 

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law 
.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Wow. You were lucky to get that safari in. We had a trip in Jan 2020 too - and literally got home and two weeks later it was here and chaos inched in. I really treasure that trip. Great pics! #WeekendReflection
 
I agree you were very fortunate to have got on holiday on |Safari at that time. Love the Elephant. The bird is a Black- bellied Whistling duck Jim. Google that bird in images and you will see it. Have a great week ahead
 
I was going to say the same, you were so lucky to get a trip in in 2020. We had to cancels ours. African safari is on my bucket list, for John, he would love it.
 
...Elephant, Evening Meal, Egg Biscuit, Evening Meal, Egg Biscuit, EYE candy and Sky Eye sure Embreaces the week's prompts. Thanks Jim.
 
I would love to go on a safari. Lucky you! The elephant is a magnificent creature. Happy Weekend!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?