Friday, September 23, 2022

Letter "L" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 09 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

  - Tom's This "Week's Prompts, Starts with "L." A Favorite. - "L"ove.

 - James' wishes for our Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures
 _ _ _ _



Starts with "L":  Lois starts with "L".  This is my sister, Lois.  We don't see her very often anymore; she lives in a faraway state, and we live down south in Texas.  

Here, Lois 'baby' sits' dogs for her son and grandchildren. She has never said yes to my request for her to 'baby' sit Adi. Probably she thought I wasn't being serious.  Adi, the Beagle Dog, was here because we were visiting Lois

Find more of my posts having Lois, click this link.
 https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=lois


A Favorite:   "Last" will be my Favorite today.  This is my Last garbage Can Liner out of the batch we inherited from Mema, Mrs. Jim's mother. 

Where Mema lived a big roll of liners came, no extra charge, every two or three months. She didn't need that many but saved them for us, her son-in-laws.  After she moved out of her house we collected six rolls of these, I think we found a few more and I took two more.  They have lasted us for about twenty years, now we'll have to but them. 

Oh yes, Last isn't always my favorite. Generally I hate being Last in many things.  Standing in Lines and being Last, to shut off the lights, I hate being last to shut off the lights as I hate being in the dark.  But being nice may be polite, Jesus said the first shall be last.  Matthew 20, verse 16, Matthew 20, verse 16.


Tom's choice, "Love":   I Love my grandchildren. I have six, none are favorites.  That said the younger and those living close naturally get more attention.  

This is our Last grandchild, the picture taken several years ago. She is a teenager now.  Probably it will be the Last time I'll catch her with my camera pulling in the garbage can.


Lagniappe #1:   I Love this quote, so does one of my Facebook friends who posted it.




Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures:  I went out to get a picture, the one on the left, and noticed the Reflection in the window of the plant, a --- that is about to reach the eaves of our house.  The Reflection is of that in the window of our back yard.  So I took another that showed it better, and then one of Palmeira flower showing the living room back window's Reflection

A Lagniappe #2:  Tell about one of your experiences with peppers

I have a recipe for "Quick and Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers." 

Use precooked boudin, it consists of Cajun spiced sausage and rice, perfect for stuffing precooked (boiled) cut in halves Green Pepper. One link will make two stuffed half peppers, a package generally comes with two or more links
Bake in the oven, probably about 350 degrees until nice and hot. 
You can garnish the top with breadcrumbs or even put ketchup on the tops.  Yum Yum.
_ _ _ _ 

The Fine print stuff:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link is here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
..

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
...we are fortunate, are extended family in the same area of New York State.
...occasionally there are advantages to being LAST, but I prefer to be first.
...I'm with you Jim, I LOVE my three granddaughters.
...I LOVE the quote too.
Thanks Jim for stopping by.
 
Love the Quote Jim and I love my 2 granddaughters adn 2 grandsons. Lovely reflection Jim HAve a good week ahead
 
Excellent quote and I like the reflections! I've never been to New Orleans but maybe someday.
 
Love the dino and the garbage-fun! To good times!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?