Thursday, May 10, 2012

Parking today -- Things in a Row -- Two Questions -- MidWeek Blues -- More London Pictures

[Click on any picture for larger view].
   
Parking is two for the price of one?  Sometimes.
 

Economy vehicles have higher population density parking. The bicycles alike with the blue panels are for rent. Cheap? I don't know.

For more things in a row please visit Pat's Things in a Row post. You might like to post your own 'Things in a Row.'

- - - - - - - -
.
And now for my Thursday Two Questions: (See Thursday Two Questions by Self Sagacity for more reading. You could also make your own by checking in at this link.)
..
Last week 's post was about my and your travel, 'going-out-to-eat' food, and bacon eating habits.  Answers ran the gamut, you can go back (May 3rd) and check.

My Two Questions for this week:
.

1. What part of travel modes do you do on the economy bit?
...
We have six bicycles in the family.  Two for Mrs. Jim, two for me, and two left over from when Karen (Karen's Blog) was still at home!  Please don't ask how many are operational.  Well, most are but we haven't ridden for several years.

When I was in the Army I had a Sears Roebuck green Vespa motor scooter mostly for my very own.  The family car could then stay at home for family at home use.  Like grocery shopping, taking the kids to the doctor, etc.
.
2. How are you at parallel parking?
.
I am dang good at it!

.
Bonus Question: What is your attitude about people using economical travel? .
Mostly I don't appreciate what they are doing for the economy.  Some bicycle riders are obnoxious and take chances that sometimes should lead them in the hospitals.  And many of them dress in obnoxious outfits too.  Terrible color combinations and obscene in the tightness of their riding pants..
.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
..
If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo picture on the right. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did. Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE, you don't have to write.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Love the London pictures. They are all in a row too.

1. We gave our bicycles away. Just too old for them anymore. We do walk a lot. Sometimes we'll walk somewhere instead of driving.

2. I'm dang good at it too.

3. I'm of the same opinion as you are.

Have a terrific day. :)
 
Hi Jim,
I am lucky to have found work that allows me to work from home two days a week. It's really great that I don't have to put the wear and tear on my car, pay for expenseive gas, and have some sanity. We also have a machine at home to exercise so that we will never have to pay for the gym again.
When I was volunteering for my son's Elementary school, I had to parallel parked a lot because - I don't know about elsewhere, but in San Jose, there is the lack of land, and parking space isn't plentiful. Anyways, sometimes I would surprise myself that I actually got in the tiniest spaces.
 
I love how those two tiny cars fit into that one parking space!

To answer your questions:

1) Our BIG contribution is trading our truck in for a car. Gas mileage went from about 6 mpg to 20 or so! Yipee!

2. I never parallel parked the big honking truck; I've yet to try the car!
 
It's nice they let the motorcycle park that way, there's a town near here that tickets motorcycles if they park two in a spot.
 
Love those little cars!

Thanks for coming by...there's cat food in the wheelbarrow.
 
where are these men in tight pants? ;)

love the little cars although here in NJ I'd probably be squashed

Hugs to all with an extra one for KP
 
Thank you for the birthday wish and to answer your question; Finley's offers the special for May and June, giving kickbacks on gift certificates.

My bike is no longer operational, but then no longer am I (as a bike rider). I do walk quite often though and share a ride. My parallel parking needs work. lol
 
Love the 2 for one parking photo. I use a bike, but mostly for pleasure than to get around. I just don't feel safe enough on the roads on a bike.
 
We still drive our truck and car when possible but we'll see how things turn out with the economy.

2. I don't think I can parallel park. I can do it in my mind though :)

3. I think is good that we are using economic travel when possible. Hopefully it will bring things back to community and help the nation.

Happy Friday Jim!
 
I totally agree about those bicycle shorts!
 
Looks like you're enjoying yourself!
 
"You're dang good at parallel parking!" Very good, Dr Jim :)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?