Friday, January 15, 2021
Letter "C" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections
The Cat In The Window
(B) "Colorful" (Tom's Choice): This is our Colorfully decorated golf cart for a 4th of July parade with Mrs. Jim, Adi, and our new college graduate. She received her Bachelor and Master degrees in Math, and SHE HAS A JOB, using her specialty, "Statistics". She taught college Statistics as a professors assistant her junior and senior years and then also as a graduate student teacher. (Parades)
Instead she is a friendly cat who makes her fur shiny and her stomach round by begging food off the street and from the people eating at the outside cafes down the street from our hotel in Dubrovnik, Croatia (picture 1) (picture2). (original post with sister's cat).
(1) Tell a bit about your experience or feelings about parades? When our grandkids were still kids they loved to go with us to a parade. Sometimes we were in the parade, several times as adults, once driving the Mustang top down to carry a retired marine. Also unusual I took the younger grandson to an Art Car Parade back when the Art Car Parade had just coming into existence. Most times it was the Houston Thanksgiving parade or the local 4th of July parade.
(2) What is your favorite Word starting with "C"? Mine today will be "Car" , I have had many in my life, list here to click. I also have about 40 toy cars, most scale model cast iron cars.
(3) Anything else you were reminded of here that you would like to tell about?
My going blogs:
Jim's Little Blog, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/
Jim's Little Photo and Picture Place, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/
Jim's little Christmas tree farm, http://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/, and
Ask Dr. Jim (blog), http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/
_ _ _ _
Fine print stuff:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
...what a gussied up and COLORFUL golf CART.
...it's nice that the two share the bed.
...your weather forecast sure is different than ours!
Thanks Jim for COMING to the Party, take CARE.
Looks like you're getting some warm weather. We're cold here.
(1) Tell a bit about your experience or feelings about parades? In my younger years I went so my son could enjoy the parade. It's too difficult for us now.
(2) What is your favorite Word starting with "C"? Courtesy. We need so much more of courtesy.
Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. ☺
I have never been to Houston yet. Unfortunately, I am allergic to cats. I have painted them on Canvas, not the real life Cat.( lol). I think parades are interesting. I’ve never marched in one, although our daughter danced in Macy’s Thanksgiving one. That was televised on TV. Katie Couric was blocking us seeing our daughter, the nerve 😉! We attended a small town one in a town that begins with C. It was enjoyable. I would have liked to have marched in several protest parades, but in recent years health issues made that not possible so I marched in our neighborhood alone, but with a sign...Hmm, my favorite C words: calamity ( I like the sound of it.), can can ( I am a dancer. I prefer to warch professionals do this dance, though.),cantankerous (;It sounds like its meaning!, caress)