Friday, December 24, 2021

Letter "Z" -- -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections/People on the Street



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! and 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

For the 26th letter time, The Week's Prompts are Christmas, A Favorite, and "Red and Green".  The letter not asked for would be "Z".
 _ _ _ _ 


Christmas:  Our Christmas Tree lighted.  It's a seven-foot store bought artificial.  Also Red and Green


At the foot of the tree is a manger scene, a Fisher Price "toy".  It represents the purpose of tomorrow's holiday, celebrating the human birth of Jesus Christ.  Christians celebrate it on December 25 regardless of the actual birth date.  (Click here for viewing other nativity word posts)

Hence the song that we sang over and over in my country schools, grades one through ten:
Away in a Manger
.
Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head
(Full words of song at the end below) 

Away in a Manger - Kid's Version w/ Lyrics (listen)



 
 

A FavoriteMy Holly Tree -- Again, also Red and Green.


My Hard Time Canna Lilly 
The rabbits ate all the tender 
leaves after we planted it.


Red and Green:  We hope the hibiscus other plants didn't freeze again this winter

 - - - - 


A Lagniappe:  The last rose of Autumn but more are on the way.

Another Lagniappe:  my favorite "Z" Words are  
1. Zipper
2. Zigzag; and 
3. Zoo (not necessarily in that order; plus there may be other favorites that I have not mentioned.)

 
I am showing you a fence owned by my friend who has a "little ranch" near Telluride in Colorado.

Today I like best "zig-zag" as a zig-zag fence appeals to the hidden rocket scientist nature in me.

They can be freestanding without the use of buried fence posts.  A section can be removed and put back for access/entrance without damage to the fence.  Lastly on my short list is that their rustic looking appearance appeals to me.

- This fence belonged to my friend and neighbor before we moved to Katy.  It was on his Colorado ranch and was there before he acquired the property. 
He was a retired major oil company CEO who started in the Chemistry lab of the company when he graduated with his degree, a PhD in Chemistry.



A Reflection or a Street Photo Capture
:   during a little bit of Christmas shopping I had to use this restaurant.  The store had two, both "any gender" per the sign.

It's been a long time since I've rated a relief facility but this on would have been a Zero except that scale goes from one to five. I RATE THIS ONE A ONE.

Another Lagniappe:  Below, is the last full posting on this blog for the year, the following post is from 15 years ago.  I started it in December 2005 but the picture and text below are from January 2006, it was Adi's, our beagle dog's, first of many on this blog.  She was also on some of my other blogs here and there. 

Incidentally, this blog has 2,257 posts, 884 draft posts, for a total of 3,140 writings.  It has 18,690 comments with 710,899 hits.  Quite a few families and friends read it and tell me about their viewing but don't leave comments.

"Saturday, January 07, 2006 


another FIRST TIME
.
it's for Adi this time

.

.

.

This is Adi, our therapy dog 

She specializes in reading with children 

and visiting assisted living residents" 

Adi died September 17, 2012 (read my tribute to her here

Adi was born September 1, 1996.  Read Adi's blog post here.

 _ _ _ _ 

Fine print stuff

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

 - Click Here for all countries I've visited. (none for XYZ, there aren't any.)

- - - 
Note:  I have activated my "jim's little Christmas Tree farm" blog posting for this season.  Click this label,  , to have a peek and monitor my progress. 

It has directions to send me a picture of your tree or decorations if you wish to do so. 

Away in a manger
Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head
The stars in the bright sky
Looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus
Asleep on the hay
The cattle are lowing
The Baby awakes
But little Lord Jesus
No crying He makes
I love You, Lord Jesus
Look down from the sky
And stay by my side
Until morning is nigh
Be near me, Lord Jesus
I ask You to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children
In Your tender care
And fit us for heaven
To live with You there
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Sir David Willcocks / W.j. Kirkpatrick

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Merry Christmas! I'm not sure why but I really like that fence.
 
MERRY CHRISTmas
 
Merry Christmas, Jim, and family! Your Christmas tree is beautiful! I love the Fisher Price nativity set. Wishing you and yours, a great New Year, too!
Dawn
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?