Friday, December 02, 2016
~~ Friday’s Hunt v.2.23 -- "W" is for ... (also a little Quiz)
(1a) Starts with "W": "Where?" Also known as (AKA) "Where am I?"
- That question is my Quiz. See "ANSWER" below to find out.
ANSWER to Quiz: Highlight the blank area below:
I am (was) in St. Remy, France. Van Gogh lived there almost a year, in a sanatorium where he admitted himself after he cut his ear off. We spent a week there in town, St. Remy.
For a peek at Van Gogh's picture of the same garden, go here:
(1b) Starts with "W": "W" is for Win.
1970 Hemi Cuda vs 1969 L88 Corvette -- I'd love for the Cuda to win but I'll put my money (a saying, I don't gamble) on the Corvette.
. I have had three Chrysler products, ranking them in like and dependability:
(1st) 1976 Plymouth Volare station wagon (picture link) Had Mrs. Jim voted, it would not be # 1 on my list. It was susceptible to rusting and had a rust hole in the floor board, nicely covered with a floor mat. But she was afraid of falling through.
- When it had over 150K miles we took it from Houston to the East Coast up to New Hampshire, across over to Niagara, Canada, on through and down to Detroit, then, stopping at Nebraska, on back to Texas.
- At 176K miles it developed a bad, fast transmission leak. I sold it for $600, then the buyer stopped it with stop leak. It may still be running.
(2nd) 1984 Dodge 600 Convertible (picture link) (A fun car, mine wasn't a turbo, it had a regular Mitsubishi 2.4 four cylinder engine); and
(3rd) 1980 Chrysler Cordoba (picture link). It got us where we needed to go.
(2) Week's Favorite:
Got five 2017 calendars Tuesday. I wanted my 2017 N A P A Classic Car calendar but they weren't in yet. We were in Magnolia, Montgomery, Conroe, and The Woodlands as I usually get them at either Montgomery or Conroe. The local hardware had these.
I may not make it back up before mid-January and often they are out by then. I have all issues except the very first one, early 1960's edition. (link to some here on my blog)
(3) Machine -- my '70 Cuda and 69 Corvette cars and the 1946 Chevy pickup will be my machines.
Sorry it's mostly cars. I hope you like Van Gogh. I do.
Next time it might be better. Some Birds?
_ _ _ _ _
The Fine Print:
- Teresa of Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Friday Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm." http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=681767
He stopped the leak with stop-leak? I'm guessing you would have used this if you'd known about it. Bugger!
Have a fabulous day Jim. ☺
Links to this post: