Friday, March 30, 2018

Weekend Roundup -- 413-18 (for letter "M")

 
Happy Easter !!!

The 413th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year... 
The week's prompts
Starts with "M"; A Favorite; Middle; and Lagniappe
 

(A)  Starts with "M":  Mustang starts with "M".  I have two Mustangs, one is a Black 1998 Ford Mustang GT Convertible, now with 111,151 miles on it.  It was my retirement gift to me back in 2000 and already had 49K miles on it.  It belonged to a Little Old Younger Lady. 

My other is a Green 1974 Ford Mustang Ghia, now with 76K miles.  It had belonged to my mother until after she died (1999) and Dad also (2007). It was the first year that the Mustangs were downsized because of the International Fuel Shortage problem.


Ruby Rabbit here is wearing my Official Mustang hat that I was given when we previewed the 2005 Ford Mustangs, Mach I's, and Escapes.  I did a test track drive driving one of the Mustangs.  I think I made the Ford lady be a bit apprehensive about her safety.  She was riding in the back seat.

Ruby Rabbit is only borrowing my hat and KP has not seen her wearing it.  I'm sure she would be wanting to borrow the hat longer and I already lost my other one, it sort of belonged to Mrs. Jim.

I also have a collection of 1:16 scale model cars, three of them are Mustangs.
 
(B)  A FavoriteMaking and Mixing coffee are chore favorites with me.  Here below is the process we use in Mixing a half and half Mixture for us to drink at home.

The scale and knife are the only tools I use, the scale to keep it half of each kind and the knife to stir it around in the jar when I'm finished.

 
 
(C)  Middle:  One of my favorite songs is "Stuck in the Middle with You."



                                     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q 
 
ST Lyrics, https://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/reservoirdogs/stuckinthemiddlewithyou.htm
 
(D)  Lagniappe Mercury LogoMercury is no more.  It is a brand that got killed as a part cure of our Great Depression of the early 2000's.  Mercury was the Ford line in the Middle of Ford and Lincoln.
Google Search, Lincoln Auto Logo  

I owned one Mercury, a 1950 Jimmy Dean Coupe decked out like this one.  My paint wasn't as shiny as this one but it was original.   

Picture from Classic Cars [dot] com Journal
( https://journal.classiccars.com/2016/01/12/pick-day-1950-mercury-deluxe-coupe/ )
In January 2016 it was for sale, $26K+ asking.

These 1950 Mercury Hubcaps were for sale on eBay, sort of big bucks for used ones.  I KEPT one of my hubcaps and still have it.  Dad traded his 1951 Ford Tudor with 100,000 miles on it to me for the Mercury.  He would sell it to a hot rodder who wouldn't be using these hubcaps anyway.

Four 1950 model cars have blessed my garage, my first car was a 1950 Studebaker Star Light Opera Coupe.  Then this one, the Mercury, that I traded my 1956 Ford Sunliner Convertible for (my Army pay was less than my car payment).  Later in life I have owned two 1950 Ford Deluxe Tudors.

To see a list of the 32 cars I have owned, click here.  It's the bottom part of the post, a long post.

If you are worried about this being my 413th Alphabet post, you can stop.  It is the 13th of this series.  I am not superstitious but you may be.  So there won't be a 13th post for me, I added 400.
_ _ _ _

The fine print:
-  I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (
Link to Weekend Review 2018)- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
...Happy Easter, my friend. I must say that the 1974 Ford Mustang Ghia was one of Ford's better ideas! 'Stuck in the Middle with You' fits the bill just fine. I need to fine my pictures of a BEAUTIFUL '50 Merc (I believe it's a red convertible) with Jimmy Dean's picture etched on the cozzy-wing window. Enjoy your weekend.
 
Happy Easter to you and Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
Hi JIm! Hope this finds you and Mrs. Jim doing well! I am drooling over your Mustangs! Holy Smokes, both of them are beauties! My sweet hubby had two of them, one when he was single and he loved that MUstang, the other a friend gave it to him when she had a stroke. It was sad because we were having tough times when the kids were small and a few years later he had to sell it. Broke our hearts. My Uncle Tom who lived in Baton Rouge had a cherry red one! It was a beautiful classic and the little old lady he bought it from gave it to him for a song but he made sure she got at least what it was worth at the time! He was always grateful he found her ad first off! Someone would have ripped her off big time! SIgh....I would love to replace those lost cars for my hubby! THank you for sharing. I am grateful to know you here and plan to come back more often. Take care. LOve that Easter Bunny too!

 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?